Moe & Kapil dig digger into the barriers of sustained excellence
Topics include: Confidence, Arriving, Failure, Winning, Marketing, Selling, and Acceptance.
Few understand the essence of human achievement like Kapil Gupta – To him, each of us is born with the seeds of greatness; yet it’s a tiny minority who will ever experience that potential. “The number one most critical element of greatness is to overcome the barrier of being conditioned by society…” he says – and while that makes so much sense to those of us who follow him; to divorce oneself from a lifetime of conditioned habits is no small feat.
Rarely do I have a conversation with him where I don’t leave inspired to reexamine the very nature of how I think, work, and live – and this interview is no exception. This segment extends our last discussion by digging deeper into the barriers to sustained excellence, and we begin with a critical insight about how one continually protects her confidence.
- Where confidence comes from and how to access it?
- Why each of us gets what’s acceptable to us, and why we’re exempt from that which is not?
- Why things always happen before then happen?
- Why some of us feel we ‘belong’ while most don’t?
- What it really means to give oneself’s permission to be great?
- What does ‘arrival’ really mean?
- The single greatest barrier to self-improvement?
- What is the true essence of marketing?
- What the most accomplished sales people never do?
- Why understanding what not to do elevates your power?
- WEBSITE: KapilGuptaMD.com
- TWITTER: @KapilGupta
- AMAZON: Direct Truth: Uncompromising, Non-Prescriptive Truths to the Enduring Questions of Life
This episode was originally published here on 33voices.